Monday, August 20, 2012

Good Stuff!!!

I've been on a bit of a blog vacation since I got back from my actual vacation :o) 
I think I'm all caught up now, whew! 
Today I'm just going to show you some good stuff!

I love black and white fabric, but I also love, love color.  So...I picked out these cute dalmations, a few cute fabrics to go with it and permanent fabric markers (which you can find at any local craft store, just make sure they're permanant).  My daughter picked out a white background, but the colors do bleed a bit, so the black background is really perfect.  I colored a few of the dogs and I felt like such an artist!  It's corny, yes, but if you knew how little artistic ability I have, you would understand my joy :o)





I left some plain and threw in a two-tone puppy.  My husband said, "So what are you up to now?"  I told him I was going to color all of this fabric and make pillowcases, but I followed up with,  "Let's be honest, I'm going to color all of this fabric and start on something else."  Just keeping it real :o)  Maybe I'll finish it and I'll post a pic......


I am kind of stuck on chevrons, but I don't think I'm alone, so I guess it's okay.  Riley Blake just came out with 62 (yes, 62!) new chevrons to choose from.  There are 3 different sizes, all equally fantastic.  Here it is on the shelf with Free Spirit's Houndstooth looking yummy!


Are you in love, too?  Download your free pattern to make this super cute quilt, Chevron Lollies.


It's time for back to school, so some of you Mom's might be looking at a little extra sewing time, yea!
One more thing that is really good? 
 Seeing the little, little kids get on the bus on my way to work.  They are so sweet! 

 
Make it cute, make it colorful and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment